$12.5 million total, including $7 million for punitive charges.
“Closing Arguments Begin, Abruptly Stop, in Phila. Mesh Trial”
P.J. D’Annunzio, The Legal Intelligencer
December 16, 2015
“Look at this,” he continued, opening the box and showing the jury several of the hook-shaped mesh installation tools. “Don’t you think these products should have been tested on human beings before it was marketed?“
“Specter then dug into Ethicon, claiming that the engineering of the mesh was cut short, ultimately rendering a subpar product. He added that Ethicon destroyed thousands of pages of documents relating to the Prolift.“
“Specter then read off a list of potential injuries that could occur that Ethicon allegedly knew about, pointing to Hammons and shouting “that happened to you” with each one. Ethicon never warned about those potential injuries, he said. Why? “Because nobody would buy it” if they had, he said.”
Next, Specter said that Ethicon had “no idea” how to remove the mesh if it needed to be taken out. That is something he said Dr. David Elliott of the Mayo Clinic observed.
Elliott described trying to remove the mesh as a “trainwreck,” Specter told the jury.
Then, at 2:30 p.m., a half-hour into Specter’s closing argument, the fire alarm sounded. Bernstein said the closings would pick up again the following morning.”
==============Related Blog Posts================
- In the News: https://meshmenot.wordpress.com/category/in-the-news/
- Lawyer Ads are NOT Enough. We Need HELP.
- Are you Sick and Tired of Lawyer Ads about MESH?
- Are you a GOOD mesh? Or a BAD mesh?
- Finding the Right Doctor for Surgical Mesh Complications
- Partial vs. Full Mesh Removal Surgery
- Top 10 Myths Woman are Told Today about Pelvic Mesh
- Top 10 Things to Know About Mesh BEFORE Having Surgery for POP or SUI
- Women’s POP/SUI TVMesh Complications Support (Closed Group)
- Fighters And Survivors of All Transvaginal Mesh And Hernia Mesh/Plugs (Closed Group)
- Mesh Me Not – Upstate NY (Closed Group)
- Mesh Problems (PUBLIC/OPEN TO ALL, including doctors, etc)
- More resources listed on the footer/main page of this blog!